It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to Breakspeare School’s website. I came to the school in 2004 for the first time as a parent looking for the right school for our child. From that visit I took away with me some simple truths which continue today;
- Breakspeare School is a place where our children are educated and supported in their learning and development by a highly dedicated staff team.
- The atmosphere in the school is one of happiness in learning and constant celebration of pupil achievement, success and promotion of wellbeing.
- A culture of challenge, respect and safety has always existed at our school.
I decided to join the Board of Governors to contribute to the school. Our purpose as Governors is to function as a non-executive body responsible for the conduct of the school, driving high standards and for delivering continuous improvement in all aspects of the school’s performance.
Governors fulfil their responsibilities by focusing on three core strategic functions:
- Directing the School Development Plan, this is the heart of the school’s vision and ethos.
- Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
At Breakspeare we have a committed and very active Board of Governors made up of dedicated people from all walks of life who give their time freely and voluntarily.
Governors support the school to deliver the aims of the Board of Governors within a framework of trust, respect and shared values. We are an aspirational and cohesive non-executive team, committed to ensuring we have the complementary skills and knowledge base to equip us to discharge the responsibilities of a modern day Board of Governors.
We will always be mindful of how well our school is supported by the parents and carers who choose to send their children to Breakspeare School and of our responsibility to develop effective and meaningful relationships with parents, carers and the community. We are all proud to share in our collective purpose, that of the education and support of our children.
If you would like to learn more about the school or the work of our Board of Governors please get in touch via the school office.